12.05.2012

10 Minute Craft Dash - Congrats



Hi, everyone! Hope you've been having a great week so far... I'm so excited to be participating in today's 10 Minute Craft Dash! Paulina is one of the sweetest blogger's around, and I was thrilled when I received her email inviting me to join in the newest challenge.

Today's challenge is featuring the color red.  Sounds easy enough, right?? :) Well, I am generally one of the slowest. crafters. ever.  LOL, it can take me over half an hour to make a very simple card.  I think part of my issue is that I don't really create with a sketch/layout in mind, then I hem and haw and second guess myself every step of the way.  Haha, it definitely makes the process go that much slower!



For today's card, I decided that organization was the name of the game.  In order to stand a chance of finishing my card within the 10 minute limit, I needed to go into it with most of the details already worked out (color scheme, general layout, etc.).  That made a huge difference! :) My card was completed in 9 minutes and 56 seconds! WOOT! And had I not decided to heat emboss my sentiment, it would've been done even sooner. :)

Thinking about playing along? All you need to do is create a card within 10 minutes featuring the color red, and post your results! :) For more information about the challenge and the fabulous prize pack up for grabs, please stop by Paulina's blog! :) 

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Congrats All the Way
Paper - Kraft, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White
Ink - Versamark
Miscellaneous - White Embossing Powder, Chevron Die


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bold chevrons! Love the white on kraft so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chevron die cuts, and what a statement that Congrats stamp makes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your chevrons! They are beautiful and pack a punch on this card! The embossing really stands out and was worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L-O-V-E! I'm such a sucker for pink and red together! Loving the chevron and the white embossing on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pink and red chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl.....you know that I just LURVE this awesome card!! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you make color combos look so good together in ways that I would have never imagined. It is that signature look that made me a fan. this card is awesome sauce

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)