9.14.2007

Norma's Birthday Challenge


I made this card last night after visiting Julee Tilman's blog Poetic Artistry and seeing her post about Norma's Birthday Challenge. Norma's MIL is getting ready to celebrate her 90th birthday and just received some really sad news.

Red isn't a color that I normally work with, but what the birthday girl wants, the birthday girl gets! :)

I started with the standard 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" card base of Real Red CS. I then cut out my other two layers: Basic Black (4 x 5 1/4") and Whisper White (3 7/8 x 5 1/8"). I stamped the Whisper White layer with the Baroque BG stamp inked with Real Red. I really wanted to keep this card design simple because I love the background stamp and didn't want to over power it.

Once the ink had dried, I attached my White Taffeta ribbon to my BB and WW layer, then attached them to the card base. To finish off the card, I stamped my sentiment in Basic Black ink on Whisper White (1 3/8 x 2 1/2"), then layered it on Real Red (1 3/4 x 2 5/8") and Basic Black (1 5/8 x 2 3/4").

Enjoy your weekend!

Details:
Stamps - Baroque BG, Hugs and Wishes
Ink - Real Red, Basic Black
Paper - Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Miscellaneous - White Taffeta Ribbon

11 comments:

  1. It's really pretty Heather, I am sure she will love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely .. she will love this red beauty! What the birthday girl wants ... she's definitely going to get!

    ~Tex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - this is lovely Heather. The colour looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and even more beautiful daughter! Having 2 myself, they grow up WAY too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Heather. It is a lovely card and I am sure my MIL will love it. I am amazed at all the
    creativity that went into the cards that I have seen online so far. I am really looking forward to seeing them in "person".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, this looks wonderful! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and I love that bkgrd stamp! I'm sure she will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so elegant and beautiful! I love it...and so will Norma's MIL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's perfect! What a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card. So simple and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. So simple and so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)