8.11.2009

CC231 - Praying for You


I created this card for today's Color Challenge: Don't Fade Away. Our color combos were pretty much dictated by our bleaching results... I started with a piece of Old Olive and stamped it with the large Medallion image, and found that the bleached color more closely matched Summer Sunrise than So Saffron. These two colors weren't normally ones I would put together, but I really like how it turned out.


I've never stamped with bleach before (LOL, inevitably something of mine always ends up WHITE that shouldn't be, so I tend to stay far, far away from bleach), but it's definitely a fun technique. I think solid images work better than lined images, which was a little bit of a bummer because I thought In Bloom would look really cool bleached out!


Have a great day!



Stamps - Medallion (SU!), Damask Designs (PTI)
Ink - Stazon Black
Paper - Whisper White, Summer Sunrise, Old Olive
Miscellaneous - Bleach, Summer Sunrise Grosgrain, Orange Rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! What a neat technique, love how it came out so soft and subtle! Fab colors, reminds me of summer! Love the distressing, it really adds a lot to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! In fact, I think you need to send me that stamp. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME technique, really gives this stamp new life!! Love the card, maybe I'll have to try all these cool challenges you do! Seems I have a hard time making a card without a challenge these days:) Love the distressed edges, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bleaching turned out beautifully, Heather!! Love the colors, and your distressing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! What a cool image for bleaching with, I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, very pretty card!! Great effect with that Medallion stamp, love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)