9.02.2014

MFT Guest Designer: Wishing You a Beautiful Today


Hello! I'm guest posting over on the My Favorite Things blog again today, and wanted to pop in and share the cards here on my blog as well.  

My first card features the MPD Tropical Sensations and LJD Together Forever stamp sets (and surprise surprise!) heat embossing.  To create my card, I first stamped the sentiment in dark gray ink onto a light gray card base.  I then stamped the plumeria flower image in versamark ink, then heat embossed it with white powder.  Next, I stamped the inner portion of the flower in a darker gray ink, and placed an aqua enamel dot in each flower center. 


For my next card, I decided to make a mini shaped card using the Die-namics Joy Ride dies.  So cute! To create the card, I started by die cutting the car pieces from gray, red, yellow and aqua card stock.  I then assembled the front of the card and then traced the completed design onto a piece of white card stock.  I cut out the traced shape, then adhered it to the back of the car die cuts.  To finish up, glossy accents were added to various accent pieces.

Thanks again to My Favorite Things for inviting me to be a guest designer, I've had such a great time workin!! :)


4 comments:

  1. Two very different cards! Like them both but card #1 has stolen my heart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I am looking forward to seeing more of your creativity with MFT. If your work is as good as these two cards, It'll be a cinch for you. If choosing between the two cards, I'd firstly choose the Tropical flower card since I'm so drawn to flowers. I notice you used a similar palette for both cards. Great job Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, Heather! The first one is so soft and pretty...great color combo!! That car is just perfect! So, so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)