3.04.2011

Totally Hues Challenge #3

Hi, everyone! Can you believe it's Friday? And that it's already the 4th of March?? I don't know about you, but I am SO looking forward to spring rolling on in and saying goodbye to winter! :) This year has just been flying by... Funny how when you're a child, time seems to practically stand still, but yet, when you're an adult, you can't keep up and time is looking at you through the rear-view mirror! LOL

Speaking of March... *wink* it's the first Friday of the month, which means it's time for another Totally Hues Challenge.  Yay! :) Once again, I had a blast going through all of the entries... I think one of my favorite things about going through all of the cards is seeing how differently we all interpret colors.  Some people created cards that were really bold and dramatic, while other people created cards that were very soft and delicate.  Absolutely loved it!

Here are the top picks for this week:


Julie  •  Aimes  •  Amy  •  Cristina  •  Sarah

Awesomeness, ladies!!

Here's this week's challenge...


And my sample...

030411

For this challenge, the corresponding PTI colors are Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest & the neutrals of your choice. If you have these colors, great! If you don't, please feel free to use whatever colors you have on hand that closest match the swatches shown above. As always, exact matches aren't necessary, this is supposed to be fun, not stressful. :)

If you'd like to play along, please feel free to link up your entries below by  Thursday, March 17th, at 11:59pm EST. 

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches)
Paper - Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select White
Ink - True Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Miscellaneous - Polka Dot Impression Plate, Summer Sunrise Grosgrain Ribbon, Pearls, Glossy Accents, Deco Scallop Punch, Nestabilities Labels Die

17 comments:

  1. Such a fun color combo, Heather! I plan on stamping tomorrow- this is DEFINITELY going on my "to do list"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so adorable! gorgeous colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable tag... I love the pearls and the dry embossing..the perfect extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiii Hii I'm first :) :)
    You're such an inspiration, my friend! I love the polka dots everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous picks this week! Congrats to the winners! Loving your super cute tag, Heather, especially the label shape you used and the polka dots! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh these colors are soo pretty!!! Can't wait to give this a try! You are so sweet to highlight my card this week! Thank you soo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the shout-out! Love your gorgeous sample! Can't wait to play with the new colors tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow where have you been all my blog surfing life I love all your cards. I am so inspired now, I must stamp now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEK! That tag is one of the cutest things I've seen all week! Thanks for sharing -- I just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Thanks so much for selecting me as a top pick, girlie! You've made my day!
    I have to say that I'm loving your challenges; they totally (no pun intended there!) push me to embrace and love colour. Loving your super sweet tag for this week's challenge!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to the top pics! Thanks for another great CC Heather! I just uploaded my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute tag! Thanks for another great challenge. Orange is a another color I barely use so this one will definitely be a challenge for me too. Hope to get a chance to try this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather - you have the MOST AMAZING colour combinations - and then do the MOST AMAZING things with them! I can't believe how creative and stunning this is!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors!! Need to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been living under a rock!!! I'm SOOOO excited about your color challenges!! I'm going to get started right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this weeks color challenge and am so happy I stumbled across your blog, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. :( :( I didn't realize I had to link up my card last night! It was too dark to get a good picture so I figured I would just wait till the AM! My Bad!! Lol, well I loved this color combo and I can't wait to play with the next one and here is the link to my card so you can see it!! Thanks for a great challenge!!

    http://amybeansblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/cas-and-color-hues.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)