10.28.2014

Mini Bedroom Door Wreath


Hello! Just popping in to share a cute little mini-wreath I created using one of my favorite colors of Divine Twine, Teal.  I have been obsessing over the yarn wrapped wreaths I've been seeing pop up on Pinterest lately, and since I just don't have the time to make a wreath large enough for a front door at the moment, I figured I'd do the next best thing... Make a super cute mini-wreath to fit on a doorknob! :) I made this little cutie for my little cutie, and I smile every time I see it.  So darling.

To create the wreath, I started by die cutting three hollow circles (using washy tape to hold two circle dies together) from a thin chipboard material.  My daughter can be a little rough on things, so I wanted to make sure this was somewhat sturdy! :) I then glued the three layers of chipboard together before wrapping the circle with twine.  This project took a good chunk of twine, and I found it was easier to work with smaller lengths of twine than one giant, single piece.  When I came to the end of a single piece, I would secure it with some Tombo Multi-Glue, then continue with the new piece.  Looking at the back of the wreath, you can't even tell. :) Once I was done wrapping the wreath, I embellished with a small stamped image and ribbon to hang it with.

Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)