8.25.2015

Rain or Shine...


Hello! I'm popping in to share a card I created using some of my favorite products from Reverse Confetti & Whisker Graphics.

To create my card, I started by die cutting a heart shape from two pieces of white CS to create my card base.  I then die cut a heart shape from a Notebook Paper Middy Bitty Bag.  Next, I stamped the sentiment from Weather It Together in Versafine ink.  I then stamped the cloud image in gray ink, then die cut it out with the coordinating Weather It Together Confetti Cuts.  The smaller hearts and puddle were then stamped in fuchsia and teal ink.



I then stamped the umbrella image in Versafine ink before heat embossing it with clear powder.  The image was then colored with watercolor paints.  While the image was drying, I stamped one of the alligator images from Later Alligator in Versafine ink onto green CS.  Once the ink was dry, I cut it out with the coordinating Later Alligator Confetti Cuts.  I colored in his teeth, some of his stomach squares and the ridges on his back with a white gel pen.  I then assembled all the pieces on the card front and adhered them with pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with silver enamel dots, stickles and Solid Light Pink Divine Twine.


  


  

Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I LOVE the fun die cut heart and that notebook paper. Such a cute background. This is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable shaped card Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card! I hope to track down the notebook paper that you used and learn how to make a folding card from a single heart die! I was wondering if you might share how you got that cute pink thread bow to stay like that. I have some guesses as to how you did it but I've never seen it done so well! :) Also, what watercolor markers do you use? I am looking for something more affordable than Copics and you did such a great job with this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! The notebook paper comes from a goodie bag that I cut apart and used with a die (http://whiskergraphics.com/item/Notebook_Middy_Bitty_Bags_/176). To make a card from the heart die, I just cut two hearts from white CS, scored across top of the second heart (approx. 1/4" from the top), then adhered them together. :) For the watercolor, I just used a Distress Ink pad which I smudged onto an acrylic block, diluted with water, then painted it on. If you have any other questions, just let me know. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! :)