3.07.2009

CAS04 & TECC58



I created this card for this week's Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge. You can find a copy of the sketch by clicking here. I wanted to go for a retro feel when I was putting this together, and am pretty happy with the way it turned out. It would've been sooooo much easier if I had a 1" square punch, but alas, me and my handy dandy paper trimmer got them all cut down to size. :)


Base layers: Chocolate Chip (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"), Polka Dot Parade (4 1/8" x 5 3/8")

Main image background: Ocean Tides (3 3/4" square), Bitty Dots (3 1/2" square)
Image: 1" squares


Stamps - CheepTalk, Taylored Expressions A Year of Sweet Sentiments

Ink - Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Ocean Tides
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Ocean Tides, Bitty Dots, Polka Dot Parade
Miscellaneous - Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons, Ocean Tides Grosgrain Ribbon, Stickles, Nestabilities Ribbon Labels, Corner Rounder

--------------------------------------




This card was created for this week's Clean & Simple
Challenge on SCS. The challenge this week was to use "dots" without using dotted patterned paper. I really struggled with this card (CAS are soooo hard for me... I always want to add more, more, more! LOL) ... I must've hemmed and hawed a million times before finally just throwing my hands up in the air! Bow, no bow? Green sentiment, blue sentiment? Blue bird image, green bird image? LOL, I'm so indecisive... no wonder it takes me forever to complete a card! :P


Stamps - Our Daily Bread Sing to the Lord, Verve Stamps Here for You

Ink - Ripe Avocado, Ocean Tides

Paper - Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, Whisper White
Miscellaneous - Ocean Tides Stitched Ribbon, Nestabilities Label Two

7 comments:

  1. What adorable cards!! Love all those fresh and funky pears, great way to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Cheep Talk card, Heather! And I totally agree about needing a 1" square punch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pears with the bird smack in the middle, so fun! And your CAS one turned out great too. Yep, sometimes you just gotta walk away and leave it alone, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just beautiful!

    I tagged you on my blog if you want to take a peeksy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it might take you forever to complete a card, but they are so worth it in the end - these are both lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your darling birdie sketch card...and your second card is very beautiful!! Wonderful cards, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable! What a great take on Taylor's sketch, one I love but haven't done yet! Just so sweet!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)