6.12.2009

WT222 - It's Your Day


I created this card for Thursday's Ways to Use It Challenge, which was to create your own distressed flowers. I started with a standard card base, then used my Slice to cut out the window and white frame. Next, I stamped the largest polka dot image from Polka Dot Basics in Versamark ink, and then stamped the white flourishes on the outside and inside of the card. To finish up, I stamped the sentiment in Stazon and then added my flower to the card. LOL, it took me a little while to get it finished, but that was mostly because I kept doing silly things that caused me to have to start over... Again... and again! Practice makes perfect, right?! :P

Have a great weekend!



Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Fancy Flourishes, Star Prints

Ink - Versamark, Fresh Snow, Stazon Black
Paper - Whisper White, Aqua Mist
Miscellaneous - Imaginesce Cha Ching Brad, Slice Noteworthy Cartridge

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your flower and the aperture idea is really clever. Nicki, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea!! I just love those flowers of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely design! Thanks for the inspiration, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth did you resist the RF urge??! ;) These are stunners Heather! You distress paper flowers so well. Really. There definitely is an art to them, and you've got it! :D Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Heather! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woweee! Gorgeous card!! Love how you showcased the three photos too, very cool! Do you like your Slice? It's been on my wish list for awhile and with my birthday approaching in July, I'm wondering if it should be at the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that big brad! Great color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! I am enjoying spending my weekend evening looking at your eye candy!
    Thank you!
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOhh this is a bit special!!! the only thing it needs is CASED!! lol - Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is amazing! I just came upon your blog today and I'm hooked! Besides the adorable title, your designs ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovin' your beautiful flowers here!! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)