8.31.2009

Moxie Fab World - Fun & Cute Challenge


Last week while I was on vacation, Moxie Fab World issued a bunch of challenges to help us stretch our style for the holidays. I managed to get them all done last night, LOL, well, all except the Vintage & Shabby... I don't know if I'm brave enough to even attempt that one! ;) This is the card I created for the Fun & Cute Challenge.


I started with a base of Hibiscus Burst card stock that I ran through my printer (to add the mistletoe sentiment). Once I had that done, I stamped two of the deer images onto acetate with Stazon Black ink, and set them aside to dry.


At first I tried cutting strips for the hills, and then tearing the edges, but ended up throwing them in the bin because they just.didn't.work. I grabbed my craft knife and eye-balled the hills, then used my finger nail to pull back the top edge just a bit to give them a little definition before adding them to the card base with mini pop dots.


Next, I stamped the branch image from Out on a Limb in black ink, then colored in the leaves with a white gel pen. By this time (being as I'm the world's SLOWEST stamper), the deers were dry, and I trimmed them out, cutting off the antlers of one of them. I flipped the deer with antlers over and added card stock to the back side so that my deer's could face each other. :)


To finish up, I stamped the heart from Ali Edward's Loving Words set and colored it in with Copics. The heart and both deers were added with mini pop dots. LOL, a lot of work for such a simple card! :P


Have a great one!



Stamps - Merry & Bright (PTI), Out on a Limb (PTI)
Ink - Stazon Black
Paper - Hibiscus Burst, Whisper White, Bazzill CS, My Mind's Eye
Miscellaneous - Acetate, White Gel Pen, Computer Generated Sentiment

13 comments:

  1. That is too stinkin cute for words. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMW, this is totally adorable, Heather!! I love those two little deer! Cute colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is adorable!!! I love how you flipped the one dear so they could face each other, so cute! A lot of work but it was worth it, it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!! I really love that sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my oh my!!! I'm in-love with this card!!! Beautiful scenery and those colors are fabulous. I might have to case this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THIS is fabulous!!! and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little deer are so cute, and I love your hills too!! Adorable card, Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Heather! Thanks for entering the Fun & Cute Challenge! I hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eek! I love this card! It is so adorable! Just love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)