9.14.2009

CAS32 - Wishing You...

Hey! Top of the mornin' to ya! :) Today's Clean & Simple Challenge on SCS was to create wedding cards. LOL, surprise, surprise, I reached for In Bloom... Yet again! This set might just be my favorite EVER. :)


I stamped the flower and leaf images in Versamark ink, then heat embossed them with white American Crafts Zing powder. I swiped the card first with my embossing buddy (which I think has a corn starch type powder in it), but still had little straggly pieces of embossing powder that did *not* want to come off the card when I tapped it. Short of using a teeny paintbrush to pick off the individual embossing granules, do any of you have tried and true methods to keep excess powder from sticking to the card? It's driving me nutso. :)


Have a great one!



Stamps - In Bloom (PTI), Very Versatile (SU!)
Ink - Fresh Snow, Versamark
Paper - Basic Black
Miscellaneous - White Embossing Powder, Corner Rounder

13 comments:

  1. Wow... I swoon for "grey"... so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS! I just love it! Let me know if you figure out something for that white EP! That stuff is impossible sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card doesn't even looked warped. How did you manage that? Looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Heather! This card is truly stunning. I don't know of any other way to manage that embossing powder...if you hear of something, let us know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card!! I finally broke down and ordered this set, now I'm counting the days until it arrives. I wish I knew of a way to keep the embossing powder from straying. I wipe with dryer sheets, and have quality embossing powder. However, I still get some stragglers especially with the white powder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Heather!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the one layer with the drama of black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very classy!!! No good tricks for the embossing powder either. Drives me nuts too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply beautiful!!! I use a tiny paint brush too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a striking CAS card!! So elegant, and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a beautiful card!! This is also my fave set! Can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)