2.18.2011

Totally Hues Challenge #2

Hi, everyone... Happy Friday! :) School is closed today and temps are supposed to be around 70 degrees (WOOOT!), so we're taking an impromptu trip to the zoo.  Lindsay doesn't know that we're going to the zoo or that her grandparents are coming up for the day, so she's going to freak out when they show up.  I can hardly wait to see the expression on her face! :)

Today is also the 3rd Friday of the month, which means it's time for a new Totally Hues Challenge. Yay! Before we get to this week's colors, I wanted to take a moment and post the cards making up the top 5 for challenge #1! I had the most amazing time going through all the entries you guys submitted for the challenge... They were AWESOME! The smile on my face was huge as I looked at each posted card, and by the end I was downright giddy! Every single entry was fantastic and I had *the* hardest time narrowing down my favorites.  LOL, it was darn near impossible I tell ya! Without further ado, here's the Totally Hues Challenge #1 top 5:


CristinaChristina MLaurieTerriBritta

Congrats, ladies! :)

Here's this week's challenge...


021811

For this challenge, the corresponding PTI colors are Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Raspberry Fizz & Dark Chocolate. If you have these colors, great! If you don't, please feel free to use whatever colors you have on hand that closest match the swatches shown above. As always, exact matches aren't necessary, this is supposed to be fun, not stressful. :)

If you'd like to play along, please feel free to link up your entries below by  Thursday, March 3rd, at 11:59pm EST. 

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Technique Tuesday Loving Words
Paper - Vintage Cream, My Mind's Eye
Ink - Ocean Tides, Vintage Tea Duo
Miscellaneous - Raspberry Fizz Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Chomp, Brown Rhinestones

18 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE your card and the yummy colours!!! I really hope I'll find time to play....congrats to the winners...gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYYYY another great color challenge! Can't wait to play later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm equally obsessed with this challenge now as I am with that MME paper. I just LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an honor to be in your first Top 5! Thank you so much for featuring my tag. I can't wait to play with the new colors! Congrats to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, you just totally made my morning! I loved the first challenge and am so honored that you chose me as one of the top five. I bet it was near impossible; there were so many amazing entries! I'm excited for this new color combo. Will create something soon! Love these color challenges; hope you keep doing them for a long time. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I read you via Google Reader I do not often go directly to your site. So I don't think I've commented except by clicking "Like" a jillion times. So today I'm telling you I love your work. Your style consistently pleases me, I love your use of Papertrey Ink products and yours is one of my must-see blogs. Thanks so much for sharing your talent! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH my goodness! This totally made my day! Thank you so much for choosing my card! All the cards were so amazing with this gorgeous color combo! Can't wait to play with you new color combo! Thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was only the right choice for you to start colour challenges, my friend :) Fabulous, just fabulous - both the card, and the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!! The color of that ribbon really takes your breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, as always! Love how you used the 2 little strips of paper with the big, fabby bow! Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooo! I'm playing for sure....love these colors and LOVE your card. those papers are saaaa-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another fab challenge, girlie! I'm loving being pushed to use more fabulous colour on my projects :D
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You picked a great paper pack to work with!! Thanks Heather!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just found out my butterfly tag was one of your top 5! I was very happy to hear you liked it so much. I look forward to making something with these colors now! Great job on your sample too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh - another helping of lusciousness! Your colours are so saturated and geooooourjus!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I can't believe I missed linking mine by 10 minutes!! My whole day is been like this :)
    LOVE this combo Heather...can't wait to see what is next!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)