1.11.2014

C4C218 - Thank You


Happy Saturday! :) I'm popping in to share a card I created for the current C4C218 Challenge, which is to create a 3.5 x. 5.5" card (3.5" x 11" before folding).  

For my card, I started with a light gray card base, which I ran through  my embossing machine with one of my Dainty embossing plates.  Next, I stamped the two larger leaf images from AveryElle's Modern Leaves set in pink and yellow ink, then set them aside to dry.  While I was waiting, I stamped the sentiment from Oh Happy Day in Versamark ink, then heat set it with white embossing powder before trimming the paper to give it banner ends.  



I then cut out the leaf shapes and arranged them to create a yellow and pink flower.  I curled the ends of the flowers, then adhered them together with pop dots before securing them to the card base.  To finish up, I embellished the flower with rhinestones, attached my banner and added some green twine.

Want to play along with us this week? All you have to do is create a card/project measuring 3.5 x 5.5", then link your creation to the C4C218 blog post.

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Modern Leaves, Oh Happy Day (AveryElle)
Paper - Soft Stone, Hawaiian Shores, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink - Versamark, Memento Luxe Dandelion, Memento Luxe Rose Bud (Tsukineko)
Miscellaneous - Green Jem (Doodlebug Designs), White Embossing Powder (Hero Arts), Green Twine (Doodlebug Designs), Clear Jems (Hero Arts), Dainty Embossing Folder (Quickutz)

6 comments:

  1. loving all the texture on this beautiful, feminine ty card....welcome to the Crazies...I was MIA last week, so am late with my welcome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stunning design!! I love the big flower and embossed background! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super gorgeous...the embossing and the bloom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)