9.26.2014

Retro Sketches #133 - Autumn Greetings


Hi, everyone! Heather P. here today with a fall-themed card I created using one of my favorite Winnie & Walter sets, The Big, the Bold and Seasons, a somewhat unusual color combo, and a fantastic sketch from RetroSketches.  I am obsessed with gray these days, and I love that it pairs up nicely with the patterned papers I selected for today's card.  Rust, gray, cream and aqua aren't colors that I would normally use together, but I really like how they turned out!

To create my card, I started by cutting two pieces of patterned paper, and used a 1/4" corner rounder on two of the edges on each piece.  I wrapped the plaid pattern paper with jute twine, and adhered it to the card base with pop dots.  Next, I stamped the flourish pattern paper with Autumn in versamark ink, then heat embossed with platinum powder before adhering it to the card front with pop dots.

I then cut a 1/8" strip of light gray card stock, and adhered it to the card front (making sure to slide it underneath the twine) before covering it with stickles.  I tied the jute twine and secured with a double bow.  To finish up, I embellished with aqua buttons.

Have  great one!

2 comments:

  1. Left you some love at Winnie & Walter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I especially love the embossing and those great patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)