10.03.2015

Happy WCMD - Grateful For Your Friendship


Happy World Card Making Day! I'm so excited to be hosting a color challenge on the Winnie & Walter blog today, and I hope you'll want to play along using the colors aqua, mint, yellow and kraft. :)

To create my card, I started by adding diluted aqua, mint and yellow distress inks to a piece of watercolor paper, then setting it aside to dry.  I then used the Cover Model: Leaf Effect Cutaways on a piece of white card stock.  Once the watercolor paper was dry, I adhered the leaf die cut and several leaves to the front, then trimmed off the left and right edges.  I then adhered the panel to the front of a kraft card base with foam tape.


I stamped one of the leaf images from In Bloom: Renee's Leaves in Versafine Smoky Gray ink before heat embossing them with clear powder.  I then colored them in with the same diluted distress inks that were used on the background.  While the images were drying, I stamped the sentiment from Happiest of Hollidays in Versamark ink onto mint card stock, then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  To finish up, I adhered the sentiment to the card front with foam tape, then cut off portions of the stamped leaves and attached them to the sentiment strip.

If you decide to play along, please link up your card/project using the colors above to my post on the W&W blog here.  I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Heather! I love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you have used. This card is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely, Heather, the colors are beautiful and I love the leaf die!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)