11.10.2015

Crazy for Christmas w/Reverse Confetti - Ready to Party



Hello! We're all getting into the Christmas spirit over at Reverse Confetti, and over the next few days we'll be sharing lots of fun project ideas.  Today's theme is "Ready to Party" and for my project, I decided to make an invitation.  Since I'm a Christmas baby, I thought it would be fun to make Christmas/winter themed birthday invites. :)

To start, I cut a piece of gray felt into a simple, round ornament shape, then added a strip of blue CS across the middle.  I then used the Hang Ups CC to die cut an aqua topper and white circle reinforcer, then adhered them to the top of the ornament.  Next, I used one of my favorite dies in RC's collection, Layered Snowflake! I used a combination of white, blue, aqua and gray CS to create my snowflake after cutting out the pieces.  For a little extra embellishment, I added a blue gem to the center.  The whole snowflake was then added to the ornament base with foam tape.



I then fed some Solid Stone Twine through the aqua topper and tied it off in a simple knot.  I then used Solid Caribbean Twine to secure my silver glitter twigs and mini jingle bells in silver, aqua and blue to the ornament.



I created my sample invitation on the computer, printed it out, then embellished it with the whimsy snowflakes from Jolly Holiday.  The overall ornament measures approximately 4".  



    
  
  

Here's the full list of today's participants:


Have a great one!

9 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! those colors are stunning and I Love the touch of felt as the base. great invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful invitation and I love that it can be used as an ornament after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, such beautiful color on that snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such perfect invites! Love this idea Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful invitation! So pretty it could be an tree ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is gorgeous and such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)