1.28.2016

Celebrate!


Hello! I'm popping in to share a little gift bag I created previously, but hadn't had a chance to share here on my blog yet.  We're still in the midst of digging out from our big snow (30"-ish), and I am so looking forward to sunny skies, warmer weather and for my kiddo to get back in school (we're on day 5 of cancelled school)! Lol. In the mean time, I'll just have to settle for looking at pretty, pastel things. ;)

To create my little gift bag, I first started by die cutting two panels from light gray striped CS using the Tagged Tote CC, then adhering the pieces together.  I then die cut a coordinating panel for the front from watercolor paper.  The front of the panel was stamped with one of the sentiments from Big Notes in Versamark, then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then used a combination of diluted Distress Ink watercolor washes to add some color to the panel.



While the stamped image was drying, I used the Hang Ups CC on a piece of mint CS.  Once the image was dry, I adhered it to the front of the tote  I then inserted a small gift enclosed in a purple, polka dot bag, then used the tab to close the tote.  I then secured the tab using silver metallic twine, and finished up by embellishing with silver enamel dots.


  



Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh so fun!! Love the embossing and the pretty colors you used on this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, I had no idea that the snow was sticking around so much! Love your gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)