1.08.2016

RC Blog Hop: I Love You



Hello! It's the 8th of the month, which means it's Reverse Confetti blog hop time! :) The hop started over on the Reverse Confetti blog, and you should have made it here from Audrey’s blog. (If you'd like to start at the beginning of the hop, please click here.) 

To create my card, I started by die cutting a bunch of heart banners using the Double Heart Garland Banner CC on white and pink card stock, then gluing together the outlines with a solid of the opposite color.  I then adhered the banners to one of the All Heart QCP, and trimmed off the excess.  Next, I stamped one of the uber cute penguins from S'more Love in Versafine ink, then heat setting it with clear embossing powder.



The penguin and coordinating hat were colored with watercolor markers, then set aside to dry.  While I was waiting, I stamped part of a sentiment onto kraft card stock in black ink then trimmed it down to size.  The green heart QCP was adhered to a kraft woodgrain card base with foam tape, and a pink card stock strip was added across the front of the card.  Once the images were dry, I die cut them out with the S'More Love CC, and adhered them together.  The penguin was then adhered to the card front with foam tape.  To finish up, I adhered the sentiment to the penguin, added Sugared Stickles to accent the hat and scarf, then embellished with pink enamel dots.



  



I hope you've enjoyed hopping with us today. Be sure and hop with us on the 8th of every month for more Reverse Confetti inspiration! Now it’s time to hop on over to Lisa’s blog. If you get lost along the way, you can find the hop order and list of all the participating designers over on the Reverse Confetti blog.

Have a great one!

15 comments:

  1. OMG, so cute! I love that pink and green combo with the kraft and the little touches of glitter you added the penguin are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet with these colors! And I love that woodgrain base... adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and design is just perfect! Love it, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love those hearts and the Penguins. Adorable cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute. Love your heart banners in the background

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used multi banners and the banner outline and the negative to create a cute background, smart thinking. I love the colors your used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those quick card
    panels and the little
    hats for the cute
    penguins!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it to bits, Heather, so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your use of the Double Heart garland - your card is a great showcase for these new products from RC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card. The heart garland is just darling. Nicely done...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)