10.13.2007

Weekend Sketch Challenge 22


Another one down... :) If I can do WSC23 this weekend, I'll be caught up... Yippee!

I had a hard time getting a picture that showed just how sparkly the main image is... Anyone have any good tips? I guess it would help if there was more light, but it's a little after 10:30pm... LOL

This image is one of the ones I've received as part of the SCS WishRAK group... I always thought the little bee was just too cute, but wasn't sure if I liked it enough to own it, you know? I think I have my answer now... LOL, it's always the way. How many stamps can one person accumulate???

I started with a standard card base of Purely Pomegranate, then cut out a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of So Saffron, and a 3 7/8 x 5 1/8" piece of floral Cutie Pie DS paper. I adhered the layers together, and attached them to the card base.

My next step was to cut out the round layers. The Certainly Celery layer was cut out using my Oval Coluzzle Template (largest setting). I didn't cut out the entire oval, just lined up the template so that half would be cut out. I then cut out the polka dot Cutie Pie DS layer on the second Coluzzle setting. I adhered the two together, then used my corner rounder to scallop the edge of the Certainly Celery outer layer. For a little fun, I added three small Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched ribbon loops to the top and bottom of my circle panel, then two pieces of White Taffeta ribbon. I attached that to the card base, then colored in my WishRAK image.

Once the image was dry, I added glitter to the image to give it some sparkle, then layered it on a 2 1/4 x 3 1/2" piece of Purely Pomegranate CS. To finish it off, the "just beecause" sentiment was stamped in Purely Pomegranate ink onto Certainly Celery CS, then the corner rounder was used to scallop the edge. The center panel was then attached to the card base using pop dots.

Details:

Stamps - Stampendous Bee, Karen Foster Snap Stamps 1/8 Casual Font

Ink - Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray

Paper - Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Cutie Pie DS

Miscellaneous - Art Glitter Transparent Glitters, White Taffeta Ribbon, Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Corner Rounder

16 comments:

  1. Super cute, spring-like, cheery card! Love the sparkly bumble bee ... very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey,
    I'm so happy I'm not the only one posting this time of day/night!! You card is very cute & I can see the glitter really well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute! love the little bug with glitter. great colors very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with the challenges! I'm behind. :( I'm always taking pics at night, so mine are always dark. Love the close up though. That bee is soo cute..and gotta love the glitter! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome card! The bumble bee is the bomb, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card. The colors and the design are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute...I just love your cute little sparkly bee! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is just adorable! I love those bees!!! Great card Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please bee mine! So cute. Love the details. Great card.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo... so pretty. I love your style!

    I wish I had some good advice on taking better photos. I am still working on it too. From scanning to snapshots. It's bound to get better sometime.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhhh -- so adorable and sparkly too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card. That bee is too darn sweet. Love the sparklies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so cute! I love the way you use dp. I still have trouble using more than one pattern at a time:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so Cute. Love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)