1.04.2014

C4C217 - Thanks a Bunch


Happy Saturday! :) I've joined the ladies over at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog, and will be posting along with them each week.  Today's challenge is an inspiration challenge using the photo below, whether it's the colors, theme, accents, you name it:



I was really drawn to use of kraft with a touch of black, so that's what I based the focal point of my card on.  I love, love, love the Bloomin' Aussies stamp set from Flourishes Stamps, and thought it would be perfect for this card as a silhouette image!

To create my card, I started with a kraft card base, then masked one of the images from the Bloomin' Aussies stamp set on the card front.  Next, I outlined the images with a gray Copic, then stamped the sentiment on a strip of white cardstock in red ink.  To finish up, I stamped some additional sentiments in Versamark ink onto a piece of navy cardstock, then adhered it to the card front.

Want to play along with us this week? All you have to do is create a card/project using the photo above as inspiration, then link your creation to the C4C217 blog post.

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Bloomin' Aussies (Flourishes), Sentiments (Hero Arts)
Paper - Kraft, Enchanted Evening, Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Ink - Versamark, Memento (Tsukineko); Pure Poppy (PTI)
Miscellaneous - Copics

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Heather, glad to have you on the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously stunning, fantastic stamping/masking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty...love how you stamped the flowers and did not colour them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the monochrome on the kraft - stunning results. I love that flourishes set too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)