6.14.2015

You're a True Friend



Hello! Butterfly Reflections Ink is one of my favorite online shops for goodies (can't beat their lightening fast shipping!), and I'm so excited to be their Guest Designer this month! :) 

Hand lettering and fonts that look like hand lettering are all the rage in the industry at the moment.  I don't usually fall in love with trends while they're current, but I am a sucker for beautiful fonts! When I saw the True Friends set from My Favorite Things, I knew it had to be mine.  I love the versatility of the sentiments in the set, and the lettering is just gorgeous.


To create my card, I started with a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper, and stamped one of the sentiments from True Friends in Versamark ink before heat embossing with white embossing powder.  I then repeated the process with three of the little heart images in the set.  Once that was done, I used Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks diluted with water to create a fun watercolor background to frame my sentiment.  Once the background had dried, I trimmed the edges of the watercolor paper a smidge then adhered the layer to a white card base using pop dots.  To finish up, I embellished with sequins.

Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love a good font/sentiment set too, this one is terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous - so simple and effective, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous water colored card Heather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh!! this is so pretty!! I love the bright colors you used and that sentiment-prefect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)