9.28.2007

CC133 - Thanks a Latte


Tuesday's SCS CC133 Color Challenge was to use More Mustard, Old Olive and Bashful Blue... Definitely not my usual soft colors, but I guess it's okay to venture outside the box every once in a while, right? Right?? LOL... I don't know why I always want to reach for Soft Sky or Groovy Guava, but I do know that I'm sure going to miss them when next year's In Colors come out.

I started with a standard sized card base (4 1/4 x 5 1/2") in More Mustard, then cut out my Chocolate Chip (4 x 5 1/4") and Basic Grey Mellow patterned paper (3 7/8 x 5 1/8") before using the ticket corner punch.

Next, I paper pieced the dress from my image using another piece of Basic Grey Mellow patterned paper, then colored in the image using Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive inks. I also used my Quickie Glue Pen on the coffee steam, and used White Gold Glitter to give it a little sparkle. This image was one of ~many~ Lynn was sweet enough to send me through SCS WishRAK.

Once my image was dry, I cut it out and adhered it to a piece of More Mustard CS, then attached that to an Old Olive giga scallop before layering it with another piece of Basic Grey's Mellow paper line and Bashful Blue CS.

To finish it up, I added Very Vanilla Taffeta & Sheer Brown Polka Dot ribbons to the card front, as well as stamping "thanks a latte" with my Karen Foster Snap Stamps. Unfortunately, it doesn't show up well in the photo. LOL, it's there, I promise! :)

Details:
Stamps - MFT Hot Stuff (WishRAK), Karen Foster Snap Stamps 1/8 Casual
Ink - Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper - Basic Grey's Mellow Line, More Mustard, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip
Miscellaneous - Brown Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon

5 comments:

  1. This is such an nice card, Heather! I love the papers, ribbon, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I always love all your layering, ribbon and that dress is super cute! I had to enlarge it, but did see your cute sentiment. That sure is a color challenge, but you make it work! BTW, I tagged you...hope you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this -- especially the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the set!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)