10.04.2013

Happy Happy Birthday!


Yay for Friday! :) I'm popping in to share a card I created for the current Wednesday Simon Says Stamp challenge, Going Dotty.

I'm so glad the weekend is finally here, it'll be nice to get to spend some extra time with my kiddo! I was hoping to take her to a local farm and pick some pumpkins, but we've been having some unseasonably high temps in the area (85-ish during the day, though we normally hover around 65-70 at this time of year).  Maybe I'm just weird, but it really doesn't feel like fall when you're in t-shirts and shorts. Haha


To create my card, I first stamped the floral image onto the white card base.  Next, I heat embossed the chevron strip onto yellow cardstock, and trimmed it before adhering it to the card front.  Once that was done, I used a banner die on green cardstock and heat embossed the happy birthday sentiment in white.  To finish up, I adhered the banner and die cut happy to the card front, and embellished with enamel dots.

Have a great one!

Supplies:
Stamps - Celebrate Cake (Reverse Confetti), With Gratitude (Flourishes), Very Special (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko); Tide Pool & Orange Soda (Hero Arts)
Miscellaneous - White Embossing Powder (Hero Arts), Banner Die (Simon Says Stamp), Happy Die (Simon Says Stamp), Enamel Dots (My Mind's Eye, Doodlebug Designs)

3 comments:

  1. Absolute gorgeousness! I am going to emboss something today now that we have chatted about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Heather :-) the colours and whole design is gorgeous ,, and I love the dots ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)