It's the beginning of a new month, which means it's time for another SFYTT from Reverse Confetti. This past summer, we took our 8 year old daughter to Disney World for the first time. She had a blast! We went in late August, so we had hot temps and crazy humidity to contend with (though the humidity reminded me of what we experience here in the DC area), but you'd never know it looking at our kiddo. LOL... One of her favorite things about our trip was getting her face painted at the parks. On this particular day, she had her face painted in the Tinkerbell theme. No Tink is complete without glitter! :) (It's a little hard to see in the photograph, but it's on her cheeks, lips, eyes and forehead.)
To create my layout, I started with some kraft colored woodgrain paper, and stamped the bottom with one of the border stamps from Peacock Pretties. I embossed the border strips with white powder and applied stickles to random circles within the border. Next, I matted my photo, then added a sentiment from I Like You before attaching to the page. Then I heat embossed some circle images, and layered them onto colorful circles. To finish up my layout, I painted a chipboard embellishment white, then covered it with glitter.
Want to play along with us this month? Here's the October sketch:
To be entered for a chance to win a fabulous prize (the entire November stamp release!!), create a card/project using the sketch shown above, and link your creation between October 1st and October 14th on the Reverse Confetti blog...
A few things to note:
- New sketches are posted on the 1st of every month on the Reverse Confetti blog.
- The sketch link list will be open from the 1st until noon CST on the 14th. The sketch will be posted in the sidebar and you will be able to click on it to get to that month’s SFYTT post with the link list during this time.
- We originally stated that you must play with Reverse Confetti stamps to win; however, we are allowing “anything goes” until the end of the year. Note, that we will be adding this requirement in January.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- There will be a winner each month and that person will receive ALL OF THE STAMP SETS for the next release and be invited to share their creations during our sneak peeks and hop! The winner of SFYTT will be posted on the Reverse Confetti blog on the 15th of each month.
Have a great one!
Stamps - I Like You & Peacock Pretties (Reverse Confetti)
Paper - Kraft Woodgrain (Simon Says Stamp); Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, Limeade Ice (PTI)
Ink - Versamark (Tsukineko)
Miscellaneous - White Embossing Powder (Hero Arts), Stickles (Ranger), Glitter (Art Glitter), Circle Punches, Chipboard Embellishment, White Craft Paint