1.01.2015

Winnie & Walter Birthday Celebration - Color Challenge!


Hello! As part of Winnie & Walter's 1st birthday celebration, I'm so excited to be hosting a challenge today over on the W&W blog.  I have been obsessed with blues and greens lately, so my challenge is to create a card incorporating white, silver/gray, mint/aqua and blue.  

To create my card, I started with a white card base, and repeate stamped the large, solid circle from the a Tree for All Seasons set in versamark ink before heat embossing with white powder.  I then used three different color inks to create my background (a light aqua, turquoise and dark blue).





Next, I cut two strips of silver foil card stock in varying widths, and adhered them to the card base.  I then die cut 5 happy sentiments using the Big, the Bold and the Happ Cutaways (4 white CS, 1 silver glitter CS), and adhered them all together.  The remainder of the sentiment from the Big, the Bold and the Happy was stamped in versamark into mint CS and heat embossed with white powder.  The end of the strip of mint CS was trimmed into a banner shape, then adhered to the card front with pop dots.  To finish up, the large happy die cut was adhered to the card front with tombo multi glue, and black enamel dots were used to embellish.

Want to play along with us? All you have to do is create a card/project using the colors above and link it up to my post on the W&W blog here.  I'd love to see what you come up with! :)

Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. Love this color combo. You've got me excited, can't wait to lock myself in the studio and create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Heather! I love that little touch of glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card Heather. Love the huge embossed circles and the die-cut word. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)