3.06.2015

Congrats!


Hello! I don't know about you, but I am sooooo tired of all the snow we've been getting lately... I don't think the kiddos in this area have even had a *normal* school week since the end of December.  Just crazy! Since there's nothing I can do to change what's happening outside, I can at least create a card that brings a little sunshine.  Happy colors + me = instant mood booster. :)

To create my card, I started by heat embossing the large wigwam image from the Alley Way Stamps' Wigwam set in white.  I then colored it in with pink, yellow and orange watercolors, and zapped it with my heat embossing tool to speed things up a bit.  Once the wigwams were dry, I then went back and added some light aqua watercolor for a background, then set aside the panel to dry.


While the image was drying, I then stamped one of the sentiments from BIG Chatter in light gray ink onto white CS.  I then fussy cut the image out, and covered it with stickles.  Once everything was dry, I adhered the main image to a gray card base with pop dots before adhering the sentiment.  To finish up, I embellished with pink enamel dots.

Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I'm in Nova Scotia and we have had our share of snow and I'm (more than a little bit) tired of it by now. BUT, card making is a bright spot and your card is so sweet. I'm enjoying the time spent on here checking out all the lovely cards. If I can't be out enjoying the day than I will enjoy this. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! :)